Biovision Melamine ELISA Kit
Melamine is an organic base and a trimer of cyanamide, with a 1,3,5-triazine skeleton. Melamine is harmful if swallowed, inhaled or absorbed through the skin. Chronic exposure may cause cancer or reproductive damage or eye, skin and respiratory irritant.
When melamine and cyanuric acid are absorbed into the bloodstream, they concentrate and interact in the urine-filled renal tubules, then crystallize and form large numbers of round, yellow crystals, which in turn block and damage the renal cells that line the tubes, causing the kidneys to malfunction.
BioVision’s Melamine ELISA kit is a competitive ELISA assay for the quantitative measurement of Melamine in milk powder, milk, tissue, feed, egg, serum. The density of color is proportional to the amount of melamine captured from the samples.
- Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in section VII.
- Add 50 μl diluted standards or samples into marked well. Add 50 μl Enzyme conjugate into each well.
- Oscillate the plate for 5 sec, cover the well and incubate in dark for 30 min at RT (25°C).
- Discard solution, wash plate 5 times with 1X Wash Solution. Wash by filling each well with Wash Buffer (250 μl) using a multi-channel
- pipette or autowasher. Let it soak for 1 min, and then remove all residual wash-liquid from the wells. After the last wash, remove any
- remaining Wash Buffer by aspirating or decanting. Clap the plate on absorbent filter papers or other absorbent materials.
- Pipette 50 μl Substrate A solution, then pipette 50 μl Substrate B solution to each well, oscillate gently for 5 sec, avoid the light
- Add 50 μl Stop Solution to each well and oscillate gently to stop the reaction.
- Read result at 450 nm within 10 minutes.