Biovision Enrofloxacin ELISA Kit
Enrofloxacin (ENR) is a fluoroquinolone antibiotic. Enrofloxacin has demonstrated a significant post-antibiotic effect for both Gramnegative and Gram positive bacteria and is active in both stationary and growth phases of bacterial replication. Enrofloxacin is currently approved by the FDA for the treatment of individual pets and domestic animals in the United States. It is prohibited for use in water to treat flocks of poultry, as this practice wasnoted to promote the evolution of fluoroquinolone-resistant strains of the bacterium Campylobacter, a human pathogen. BioVision’s Enrofloxacin ELISA kit is a Competitive ELISA assay for the quantitative measurement of Enrofloxacin in animal tissues, honey, milk, egg, milk powder. The intensity of color is inversely proportional to the amount of Enrofloxacin captured from the samples.
Typical Standard Curve: These standard curves are for demonstration only. A standard curve must be run with each assay.
- Prepare all reagents, samples and standards as instructed in section VII.
- Add 50 μl diluted standards or samples into marked well. Add 50 μl Enzyme Conjugate into each well, then add 50 μl antibody
- working solution into each well.
- Oscillate the plate for 5 sec, cover the well and incubate in dark for 45 min at RT (25°C).
- Discard solution, wash plate 5 times with 1X Wash Solution. Wash by filling each well with Wash Buffer (250 μl) using a multi-channel
- pipette or autowasher. Let it soak for 1 min, and then remove all residual wash-liquid from the wells. After the last wash, remove any
- remaining Wash Buffer by aspirating or decanting. Clap the plate on absorbent filter papers or other absorbent materials.
- Pipette 50 μl Substrate A solution, then pipette 50 μl Substrate B solution to each well, oscillate gently for 5 sec, avoid the light
- preservation for 15 min at RT.
- Add 50 μl Stop Solution to each well and oscillate gently to stop the reaction.
- Read result at 450 nm within 10 minutes.